Serves 10, 45 minutes
- 1 c. chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 (18.5 ounce) package yellow cake mix (Duncan Hines)
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 c. dark rum
- 3/4 c. crushed pineapple marinated in rum
- Da Kine Hawaiian Pineapple Syrup
Optional whipped topping instead of glaze
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 2 oz of coconut rum (or light rum if you don't have coconut rum)
- 4 Tbs. confectioner's sugar
- 3 oz Da Kine Pineapple Syrup folded into whipped cream mixture
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
3. Sprinkle chopped nuts evenly over the bottom of pan.
4. In large bowl, combine cake mix and pudding mix.
5. Mix in the eggs, 1/2 c. water, 1/2 c. oil, and 1/2 c. rum and blend well.
6. Pour over chopped nuts in pan.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the cake come out clean.
8. Let sit for 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto serving plate.
9. Brush glaze over top and sides. Allow cake to absorb glaze and repeat until all glaze is used.
1. In a saucepan, combine butter, Da Kine Pineapple Syrup, and white sugar.
2. Bring to a boil over medium heat and continue to boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 c. rum.