Da Kine Gravy
From our friend @buzzedgourmet
From the original post --
Not your traditional Thanksgiving gravy...so much better! You'll want to put it on EVERYTHING! 💛🧡🤎
Start with turkey, then add it to your breakfast...maybe a moco loco? ✨
• 1T @dkhawaiian Hot Soy Sauce
• 1T @dkhawaiian Original Rub
• 3T Butter
• 2T All purpose flour
• 1/2 C Minced shallots
• 1 1/2 C Low sodium beef broth
• 1/2T Brown sugar
• 1/2 Tsp Ground black pepper
• 1/4 Tsp Red chili flakes (optional)
Make it happen
1. Make the roux: in a medium saucepan over medium high heat add butter and heat until melted and bubbling, add shallots and stir/cook until translucent. Add flour to the pan and cook for about a minute.
2. Add Da Kine Hot Soy Sauce and Original Rub, stirring well.
3. Slowly add beef broth (1/4 C at a time), stirring/whisking constantly until fully incorporated. Add brown sugar, ground black pepper, and chili flakes.
4. Simmer for 10 minutes over low heat until reduced and thickened.
Made especially for the Da Kine Hawaiian Thanksgiving recipe contest. 🍂