Recipe created by our friends at Maize & Honey.
Photo by Maize & Honey.
- 7 oz organic tofu, extra firm
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Da Kine Hawaiian Original Rub
- Preheat the oil to 350 F.
- Cut the tofu into squares and push some of the moisture out with a paper towel.
- Coat the tofu squares in cornmeal.
- Then dredge the tofu in an egg and buttermilk mixture.
- Finally, coat the tofu squares in the panko bread crumb seasoned with the da kine original rub.
- Fry for 3 minutes or until golden brown.